
United States President Donald Trump on Sunday said that member states of the Board of Peace have “committed thousands of personnel” to join the International Stabilisation Force expected to deploy in the Gaza Strip. In a post on Truth Social, the US president said he would announce this development when the Board meets in Washington on February 19 at the Donald J Trump Institute of Peace. “We will announce that member states have pledged more than $5 billion dollars toward the Gaza humanitarian and reconstruction efforts, and have committed thousands of personnel to the International Stabilisation Force and local police to maintain security and peace for Gazans.” Trump wrote. He also stated that Hamas must uphold its “commitment to full and immediate demilitarisation”. “The Board of Peace will prove to be the most consequential International Body in History, and it is my honour to serve as its Chairman,” Trump wrote. Earlier this week, Foreign Office (FO) spokesperson Tahir Andrabi confirmed that Prime Minis...