Train | Pakistan

"Train" in Pakistan feed

  • Train services suspended once again in Balochistan
    Dawn - 07:55 Feb 06, 2026
    QUETTA: Train services were once again suspended in Balochistan on Friday, a day after resuming, following a five-day suspension in the wake of a spate of attacks in the province. Spokesperson of Pakistan Railways Quetta division, Muhammad Kashif, in a statement, said that Jaffar Express (from Quetta to Peshawar) and Karachi-bound Bolan Mail had been suspended again. “The passenger train to Chaman also remains suspended,” he added. A day earlier, train services were restored in Balochistan as the security situation improved. Authorities had also said on Thursday that mobile internet services remained suspended in many parts of Balochistan, but Quetta was expected to be back online on Friday (today). On Thursday, after several days of “mop-up” actions in parts of the province following the January 31 attacks, the military announced that security forces successfully concluded “Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-1” in Balochistan, killing a total of 216 terrorists. The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said 36 civilia...
  • Train services restored in Balochistan after 5 days; mobile data still suspended in Quetta
    Dawn - 17:14 Feb 05, 2026
    QUETTA: Train services were restored in Balochistan on Thursday, after five days of suspension, as the tense security situation eased following a series of counter-terrorism operations in response to a spate of attacks in the province. However, mobile data services remained suspended for the sixth day in Quetta and some other districts. “Train services within Balochistan and to other provinces have been,” Muhammad Kashif, spokesperson for Pakistan Railways’ Quetta division, confirmed to Dawn. He particularly mentioned that the services of the Jaffar Express train on the Quetta-Peshawar route and the Karachi-bound Bolan Mail had been suspended since January 31. The railway official added that both had been restored now. He further said that operations of the Quetta-Chaman passenger train had also resumed, and it departed today at its scheduled time. On the other hand, mobile data services remained suspended in the provincial capital for the sixth consecutive day. The mobile internet was still inaccessible in Q...
  • Train services from Quetta resume after days of suspension
    The Nation - National - 05:45 Feb 05, 2026
    Train services from Quetta to various destinations in Balochistan and other provinces were restored on Tuesday after a suspension of several days due to security concerns, railway officials said.
  • Train services halted from Balochistan amid flood situation
    The Nation - National - 05:36 Aug 30, 2025
    Train operations from Balochistan to other parts of the country were suspended on Saturday as heavy flooding disrupted sections of the rail network.
  • Train services from Balochistan resume after two-day suspension
    The Nation - National - 05:17 Aug 27, 2025
    Train operations from Balochistan resumed on Wednesday after a two-day suspension caused by heavy rainfall.
  • Train drivers warn of strike if Pakistan Railways continues to use ‘faulty’ wagons
    Dawn - 05:18 Aug 24, 2025
    LAHORE: Train drivers are up in arms over being held responsible for recent derailments and accidents, and warned of initiating a country-wide strike if Pakistan Railways (PR) continued to use ‘faulty’ wagons. “We are really worried that the drivers are being held responsible for the derailments and accidents despite the fact the such untoward events are happening because of the brakeless wagons and coaches. Though, after recent instructions, the situation has improved in the passenger train operations with shortened train composition by excluding faulty coaches, the use of brakeless wagons in goods’ trains is still continued,” explained PR Train Drivers Association (Multan chapter) President Karim Bakhsh while talking to Dawn on Saturday. “They (the officers) know very well that derailments are caused due to the rolling stock. Then why are they holding our drivers responsible for this,” he wondered. In a recent communication after accidents of 116-Down and 14-Down, the PR administration directed to use coach...