Found 7421 news
HYDERABAD: The water level in the Indus rises as a medium flood reaches Kotri.—PPI • Locals in three southern districts complain their houses still under water due to govt failure to plug breaches • Irrigation minister says 70 and 90pc area of Alipur and Jalalpur Pirwala, respectively, devastated LAHORE: The residents in different localities of Multan, Lodhran, and Bahawalpur districts remain homeless as the government has failed to plug the breaches at the Noraja Bhutta embankment along the Sutlej River despite the passage of 12 days. Communities in Noraja Bhutta, Bahadurpur, Basti Lang, Kanu, and Dipal in Jalalpur Pirwala; Tarut Basharat, Daily Rajanpur, and Belaywala in Lodhran; Dunyapur, Jhangra, and Muradpur Soiwala in Bahawalpur were forced to live on the banks of the embankment, as their homes remained inundated. Basti Lang resident Muhammad Bakhsh said the water was rising again in his union council, adding it would continue to rise if the Noraja Bhutta embankment was not plugged completely. “We are a...
Nashra Sandhu-inspired Pakistan made easy work of South Africa with a 6-wicket win in their final one-day international (ODI) in the lead-up to the Women’s World Cup on Monday. The left-arm spinner ended up with career-best figures of 6-26 as the Proteas were skittled out for 115 within 26 overs at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore — before the Women in Green chased it down with 19 overs to spare. South Africa rested five key players, including the player-of-the-match from their last encounter — Tazmin Brits — who had scored a mammoth unbeaten 171 in the match on Friday. Nashra’s journey Nashra had spoken to Dawn.com ahead of the Green Shirts series against Ireland, where she shared her cricketing journey. View this post on Instagram She discussed her struggles as a woman cricketer, the facilities available to girls in cricket today, and the potential for a women’s Pakistan Super League. Nashra also talked about how she ended up as a left-arm spinner in a country obsessed with fast bowlers. “I was a fast bowler, ...
Posts from multiple pro-Pakistani accounts on social media platform X since September 18 shared a video, claiming that it allegedly showed the Indian Army chief admitting to the loss of four Rafale Jets during the May standoff between India and Pakistan. However, the video is doctored and does not show the Indian Army chief. Pakistan and India fought in a four-day conflict earlier in May 2025. Indian fighter jets were shot down by the Pakistan Air Force on the night of May 6-7 in response to the Indian Air Force’s late-night missile strikes at six Pakistani sites, including Subhan Mosque in Bahawalpur’s Ahmedpur East, Bilal Mosque in Muzaffarabad, Abbas Mosque in Kotli, Umalkura Mosque in Muridke, the village of Kotki Lohara in Sialkot district, and Shakargarh. Pakistan took down six Indian jets, including three advanced French Rafale planes, one Su-30MKI, one Mirage 2000 and one MiG-29, within a 40-minute span. Not one Pakistani jet crossed the border or engaged in close combat. On Sept 18, an X account, tha...7421 items