Found 7447 news
United States President Donald Trump has introduced tariffs on exports from dozens of trading partners, including a 19 per cent tariff on Pakistani goods — revised from the previous 29pc — a day after the two countries finalised a trade agreement. According to an executive order detailing the tariffs, it was announced that Pakistan is set to face a 19pc tariff rate as Trump’s tariff deadline comes to an end on August 1 (today). The order listed higher import duty rates of 10 to 41pc starting in seven days for 69 trading partners as the 12:01am EDT (9:01am PKT) deadline approached. What we know so far: Pakistani goods exported to US to now be taxed 19pc as part of Trump’s global tariffs The rate is lower than the proposed 29pc after trade talks with US Finance ministry sees major opportunity to expand Pakistan’s footprint in US market Official notes Pakistan ‘possibly only country’ offered investments alongside Levies for 68 other trading partners range from 10-41pc, with India facing 25pc tariff Canada’s duti...
BANNU: Smoke billows from an alleged terrorist hideout, which was destroyed by security personnel during an intelligence-based operation.—Dawn LAKKI MARWAT: At least six law enforcement personnel were injured in a quadcopter attack on Miryan police station in Bannu district on Thursday amid an ongoing operation against terrorists in the Nurar area. A police official said a joint intelligence-based operation was launched by police, security forces and Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) commandos targeting terrorists in the Miryan police station area. The operation followed intelligence about the presence of “Fitna al-Khawarij” — the state’s term for the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) — in the region. “During the aerial attack, a quadcopter dropped explosives on the police station, causing an explosion that left two army soldiers, three CTD personnel and one police constable injured,” the police official said. The wounded officers were shifted to the District Headquarters Hospital and the Combined ...
Posts from multiple users on social media platforms on Wednesday shared a video, claiming it showed women in Bajaur protesting against the recent military operation in the district. However, the video is old from a 2021 protest over the killing of a party activist. Security forces imposed a three-day curfew at 16 places in the district on July 29 and initiated an operation against militants in the areas. Scores of people, mostly youth and political activists, gathered at Shago Village Chowk to protest the operation. They alleged that a number of innocent people were killed and wounded during an exchange of fire between security forces and terrorists. On July 30, a Pakhtun rights activist posted a video on X showing a crowd of burqa-clad women walking through an alley with some holding black flags. The caption of the post said: “Pashtun women have also stepped out of their homes, calling for peace in response to the Bajaur operation. The protest rally has begun. Across the entire Pashtun region, youth, elders,...7447 items